Today is our two-year anniversary for Deus Ex: Revision, and we mark the occasion with a large anniversary update, v1.3 – MYSTIC.
While it’s primarily focused on fixing a lot of small bugs and issues while improving performance; it also features 28 new achievements, 8 new modifiers including a Collectables mode with small collectables spread out across all levels that gives you small bonuses, and three quicksave slots that cycle.
Further changes in 1.3 includes:
Liberty Island (First Visit):
- The rifle from Paul now has one accuracy mod applied to it, the mini-crossbow has two.
Free Clinic (All):
- Fixed a bad pivot point on a door.
Free Clinic (First Visit):
- Fixed the receptionist’s desk being glitchy.
Underworld Tavern (All):
- Added bar taps to the bar.
Underworld Tavern (First Visit):
- Fixed the vanilla combat music.
Hell’s Kitchen (NSF Warehouse):
- Ordered the terrorists inside the warehouse to run when the generator starts blowing up.
- Fixed part of a table being missing.
- Toilets, urinals, and faucets will no longer work while the water is turned off.
Airfield / Hangar:
- Added an exit directly to the helipad.
- The player can no longer be gibbed when about to be captured.
Ton Hotel (Second Visit):
- Fixed JoJo not leaving during the raid.
- JoJo no longer activates alarms.
New York Majestic 12 Facility:
- Fixed a softlock in “World’s Most Wanted” mode if Anna is still alive.
- Fixed some of the reactions of the MJ12 troops.
Hong Kong (Arrival Cinematic):
- Improved the entering scene.
Wan Chai Market (Compound Area):
- Changed the monk in the temple to stand just in case he blocks one of the triad leaders from spawning.
- Fixed Louis Pan not despawning after the alliance.
- Made Max Chen and Gordon Quick use their own barks, instead of generic Triad member lines.
- Fixed the elevator doors being pickable.
Wan Chai Underground Mall & Lucky Money:
- Max Chen’s conversation with his body guards no longer plays if they’re both dead.
- Gave the WiB a new skin.
- Fixed Hundley having a typo in his name.
Versalife Advanced R&D (Level 1):
- Changed the first GEP gunner to use WP rockets on realistic.
Free Clinic (Final Visit):
- Fixed the receptionist desk not having the open area below it.
- The bums now display their names when told.
Brooklyn Naval Shipyards (Interior):
- Gave three enemies new skins.
PRCS Wall Cloud:
- Gave the MiBs new skins.
- Jock now flies into the level instead of suddenly appearing.
Paris High-Rise near Denfert-Rochereau:
- Killing Aimee now removes her goal immediately.
Paris Streets (Near Denfert-Rochereau):
- Fixed the key to the catacombs being unobtainable.
- Made the SaxBomb cheat available here.
Denfert-Rochereau Metro Station:
- Added names to the camera views at the metro.
- Gave Agent Hela a new skin.
Cathedral du Paynes:
- The bots will continue moving when not seen.
- Using the killphrase on Gunther and then attempting to knock him out will still kill him.
Metro Station near Cathedral du Paynes:
- The lockers now have light on the inside.
- Breaking into the cafÃ© makes the cops hostile.
- Fixed the ATMs having the wrong PINs.
Vandenberg Air Force Base:
- Added an area inside the ammunition storage.
- The friendly military bots can no longer be woken by walking on the roof of the building.
- Fixed the friendly military bots not patrolling the level.
California Gas Station:
- The conversation from the MiB about killing Tiffany no longer plays if she’s already dead.
Pasadena Ocean Lab:
- Removed the karkians that are after the 5690 door.
- Made the adult karkian after the construction area able to leave the room.
Missile Silo near Pasadena:
- Changed Howard Strong’s barks to be random. (Were previously cycled and most were never heard)
- Added medkits on level 3 as a reward for dealing with the spiderbots.
Area 51 (Surface):
- The infolink about the sniper in the tower will now always play if Jock doesn’t die.
- Removed the useless security console from the old sniper tower.
Area 51 (Sector 3):
- Fixed missing infolinks.
Area 51 (Sector 4):
- Fixed a glitch vent.
- Fixed missing infolinks.
- The Aquinas Router door now stays open.
Animated Main Menus:
- Added a version of chapter 1 animated menu.
- Fixed the vanilla music not working on some of the animated main menus.
- Moved MJ12 wave from wave 66 to wave 76.
- Added Presidential wave at wave 66.
- Added new MiBs, MJ12, and Secret Service to survival.
- AI will now teleport past wave 600.
- Fixed SuperWiBs always replacing regular WiBs if playing in Vanilla mode.
- Fixed Jock having the wrong sound.
- Fixed the game freezing if trying to spawn an enemy at a non-existent spawnpoint.
- Fixed the UC survival not cleaning the whole level of items.
- Lowered the file size of the Ocean Lab survival.
- Made dobermen spawn on all maps instead of just cathedral.
- The ammo crates now give all weapons in your inventory max ammo for ammos you have already found.
- I Am The Law: all enemy weapons are replaced with LAWs.
- Omnivision: AI can see you from any angle.
- Ninja Mode: you start with both cloaks and both leg augmentations, low-tech weapons only, disables achievements.
- 24 Hour Game: you have 24 (real time) hours, starting from game start to complete the game, includes time when game is closed.
- Collectables Mode: a collectable appears on each level, bonuses awarded for finding each, find all 75 for an achievement.
- Penetrating Explosives: explosive damage isn’t stopped by walls and will damage things on the other side.
- Matrix Mode Agents: After seeing someone and then losing vision of them, they will turn into a hostile MiB.
- No Jumping: no jumping allowed, except when leaving the water.
- Activating the scope without a weapon equipped will activate binoculars if some are in the inventory.
- Added a functional aim bot, leech and radiation discharge augmentations for cheaters.
- Allowed grenades to be planted on the floor.
- Buffed flare dart damage to 10 and increased lifespan to 4 minutes in Normal mode.
- Can now have three quicksaves at a time.
- Changed the conditions for picking up decorations, respecting the weight of the stuff on top of them instead of immediately being unable to pick up anything with another actor on it.
- Destroyed cars now block the AI’s sight.
- Dying NPCs should no longer block movement or attacks.
- Energy shield now prevents the player from catching fire at level 4/5.
- Fixed being able to unload a sniper rifle clip in half a second.
- Fixed burning robots and animals being near invincible as they regenerated health.
- Fixed NPCs using batons against robots.
- Fixed robots reactivating if hit by a scrambler grenade while disabled.
- Fixed some terrorist bark subtitles.
- Fixed the player not bringing out the desired item after using a one-use weapon.
- Having no room to pick up food items will just use them immediately when trying.
- Having your spydrone destroyed by an enemy’s ADS augmentation will now automatically turn off your spydrone aug.
- Increased giant spiderbot speed on realistic.
- Increased the amount of time it takes for unconscious animals to drown.
- Kills done via a long burn will now be tied to the person who caused them.
- Made the on screen tutorial for Biomod’s tracking aug appear when you need it instead of only after you correctly use it.
- Max level microfibral muscle will now prevent you from automatically dropping held objects when damaged.
- Melee weapons can now repeatedly attack if the attack button is held down.
- Napalm now burns any surface it contacts.
- Pointing a weapon at a friendly AI, if they can see you, will now make them tell you off.
- Restructured the ammo system to display names based on the ammo type, e.g. “ROCKETS” instead of always “ROUNDS”, and “CLIPS” to something more fitting for the ammo.
- Synthetic Heart is now a free passive aug in ‘Normal’ mode, fixed using it with the Spydrone.
- Targeting aug will now display the EMP health of robots along with their normal health.
- The AI is more likely to use explosives against robots.
- The AI will no longer give up searching after opening a door and will now continue to fire at you as the door opens.
- The AI will no longer try to shoot vans in realistic mode.
- Trees and bushes now block the AI’s sight.
- Running into an enemy while at high speed now momentarily stuns them.
- 28 new achievements.
- Added a message for being unable to lift something due to it being on fire.
- Added a new option to choose if the spydrone’s view becomes the primary view while the player’s becomes the secondary view.
- Added an effect when using radar transparency.
- Added an option to enable a 12 item object belt.
- Added an option to display gameplay hints during load screens.
- Added an option to use DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY date formats for saves.
- Added experimental OpenAL support, if people want to try it out.
- Added three new barks for JC that were previously unused, when using Hall of Mirrors or in Survival.
- AllEnergy cheat now gives max energy instead of default energy.
- AllSkills cheat now applies the swimming bonuses if in the water.
- Brand new statue of liberty model.
- Can now pick up animal carcasses.
- Changed all vanilla items (and some HDTP items) to always use the correct skin colour for JC’s hand (except mini-crossbow).
- Changed the “Make Noise” function to have different sounds.
- Disabled achievement cheat message if playing on a mode that disables achievements.
- Enabled the verbose idle lines for the mechanic.
- Fixed AM/PM times being hidden by the scroll bar on the save/load menu.
- Fixed collisions on some NPCs and animals.
- Fixed errors when the AI had a GEP gun.
- Fixed grenades spawning on the wrong rotation when placed on the ground or ceiling.
- Fixed item refusal for flares.
- Fixed Joe Greene being called Green sometimes.
- Fixed missing aug achievements in Biomod/Shifter.
- Fixed props not burning correctly if pushed into a burning barrel.
- Fixed seagull feet clipping into the ground.
- Fixed the crosshair not appearing on objects over 500ft, now increased to 3125ft.
- Fixed the heartgun not appearing if you knocked out Gunther.
- Fixed the ILAW not using the assault shotgun model.
- Fixed the railgun textures.
- Fixed the sound of charged pickups not following you when used.
- Fixed the augmentation hum sound continuing if leaving a level with augs on and returning with them off.
- Fixed the unrealistic button being visible on the NG+ menu, instead of hidden.
- Fixed the WP grenade’s graphics, gave it a red HDTP texture.
- Fixed thrown combat knives not using their HDTP settings.
- Fixed three of the enemy JC lines being unused.
- Helicopter enemies fly more realistically.
- Hitting a bottle makes a glass sound.
- Hitting a carcass makes a flesh sound.
- Improved general performance a bit by cleaning up code.
- Increased the FOV option from 80-92 to 80-110.
- Jock now detonates explosives near him if flying.
- Keypad windows now close if dying with one open.
- Localized some text so it can be translated.
- Lowered the music during the intro cutscene.
- Made AllAmmo cheat respect the max amount of grenades that Biomod’s demolition skill allows.
- Made weapons display their clip size as their reload count or the max ammo of the currently loaded ammo, whichever is smallest.
- New HDTP skin for the sniper rifle.
- NPCs talking to themselves will no longer randomly rotate to face the sky.
- Obtaining another copy of a key that you already have from a corpse will no longer display it in the items received window.
- Placing an item on another item of the same size in the inventory will now switch their positions.
- Randomized fish sizes.
- Right clicking a non-usable door will put your weapon away instead of doing nothing.
- Some NG+ enemies have different appearances compared to the regular enemies.
- Swimming in water now makes you drip water when you leave.
- Taking damage that the energy shield aug reduces will now create a shield effect like NPCs (visible in mirrors).
- The AI will no longer talk if their head is underwater.
- The AI will now correctly say lines depending on flags, examples being Gunther’s unused cathedral lines, UNATCO no longer talking about Manderley or calling you a rookie post chapter 5.
- The crosshair is now shown on trees and cacti instead of showing the target behind them.
- Targeting augmentation now doesn’t show targets behind trees, etc.
- The palettes of crates no longer have an invisible underside.
- The telephone answering machine no longer blinks and beeps when reading a message.
- Toxin blade can now press buttons too.
- Trees no longer have leaves while it’s snowing.
- Weapons now point at where their laser is pointing, if they have one.