Today is our three-year anniversary for Deus Ex: Revision, and we mark the occasion with a small anniversary update, v18.104.22.168.
- Fixed the subtitles incorrectly being displayed offscreen when playing at a 16:9 resolution.
- Fixed some really bad doors, doors with gaps wider than was required or doors clipping into walls and being visible from outside.
UNATCO HQ (All):
- Lowered the strength of the shooting range targets.
Battery Park (First Visit):
- You can now choose to give the kids either soy food or a candybar if you have both in your inventory.
Hell’s Kitchen (First Visit):
- Removed the duplicate women from Battery Park.
Smuggler’s Lair (First Visit):
- Made it possible to disable the second gas grenade while untrained.
- Dealing with the friendly terrorists will no longer cost skillpoints in Biomod/Shifter.
- Fixed bad ammos showing in the armoury in Biomod/Shifter.
- Fixed Smash the State not being awarded if someone on the level was unconscious, even if not a UNATCO troop or Manderley.
- Improved framerate.
- Fixed typo in goal. “PCS” > “PRCS”.
Brooklyn Naval Shipyards (Interior):
- Fixed badly floating faucet.
California Gas Station:
- Fixed some overlapping wooden panels on the sewer exit.
- Lowered strength of wooden panels on the sewer exit.
- Rats and flies no longer spawn in underwater sections.
Missile Silo near Pasadena:
- Changed the 6th floor of the silo to have the MiB patrolling and commando standing instead of both wandering.
- Fixed backwards textures.
- Gave a title to the shack camera.
- Added a modifier which disables robot usage except for augmentation installation.
- Added “Pack Mule” modifier, no limit to how much ammo you can have.
- Cathedral boss now teleports closer to the cathedral if it is in the unreachable area for over 2 minutes.
- Fixed survival start wave UI being broken.
- Fixed ‘Infiltration’ challenge not being possible in vanilla mode.
- Fixed ‘Stamina’ challenge not ending if running out of time.
- Added a light to the spydrone which can be activated with the light aug.
- Added option for energy regeneration to custom difficulty.
- Added option to change handedness to left/right/hidden.
- Disallowed skillpoints going negative due to Biomod/Shifter reduction from killing friendlies.
- Fixed end game achievements being awarded with achievements being disabled.
- Fixed game pausing while deleting a note in realtime UI mode.
- Increased range for critical hits to the head from behind in Normal mode.
- Re-enabled duping on easy.
- Prevented the player from dying while quickloading.
- Unlocked survival/challenges if you have the achievement for beating the game.
- Achievement failed messages should no longer appear while achievements are disabled.
- Added “Dark Blue” as a menu theme to compliment dark blue HUD theme.
- Allowed weapon mods to stack.
- Attempting to pick up a refused item a second time will allow it to be picked up.
- Build date now displays either in DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY, depending on your settings.
- Cloaking now displays the cloaking texture on whatever is held.
- Fixed “cannister” typo on vanilla flamethrower model.
- Fixed ammo being HDTP at map load.
- Fixed an alarm light’s light always being visible, even when not active.
- Fixed books, datacubes, and newspapers not falling to the ground when the object they were sat on was picked up or destroyed.
- Fixed cats and rats not respecting HDTP None.
- Fixed errors in vanilla where the game would try to replace empty inventory slots.
- Fixed keyring being visible for one frame when looking down while putting it away.
- Fixed navy MJ12 spawning incorrect carcasses.
- Fixed palleted crates distorting at a distance.
- Fixed the recoil stat being displayed incorrectly on weapons with below 0.1 recoil.
- Fixed turret bases not using their HDTP model.
- Fixed turrets not using their HDTP muzzle flashes.
- Fixed warping on models of HDTP animals.
- Having no theme set for the menu should load the default theme.
- Setting HDTP to none now disables it for everything, including decorations, decals, and fragments.