We’ve just released a large patch, 1.4 – PRISM, that features a whole new playmode called “Challenges” and custom difficulty options for the regular story mode, along with new achievements for these. The full list of changes can be found below:
UNATCO HQ (First Visit):
- The items taken from the bodies of the terrorists killed during the mission end are now visible inside the armoury like the UNATCO troopers say.
- Fixed level transitions between Airfield and Hangar so you don’t accidentally go to the wrong teleporter in Hangar.
- Made all the terrorists in chapter 3 friendly after Paul tells them to stand down.
Brooklyn Bridge Station:
- Added more detail to the upper level.
Ton Hotel (Second Visit):
- AI is smart enough to disable the grenades outside Paul’s room on realistic difficulty.
New York Majestic 12 Facility:
- Added a pistol at the start to make it a bit easier.
- Expanded armoury and placed the player’s ammo inside.
Canals near Wan Chai Market:
- Fixed John Smith not having a prototype nanosword on him on Biomod.
Tunnel near Wan Chai Market:
- Can no longer open the 55655 door just by right clicking it. (Still breakable though)
Wan Chai Underground Mall & Lucky Money:
- Added new music for inside the club.
Versalife Advanced R&D (Level 1):
- Increased the volume of the WiB convos.
- Made Maggie and Page not look at the player.
- Friendly guards have new boot textures.
- Added key for the valve door that was missing.
- Gate guards don’t mind lockpicking if they know who you are.
Area 51 (Sector 3):
- Added Helios’ unused final infolink.
Area 51 (Sector 4):
- Changed Page to stop mocking you if you complete the Tong or Helios missions, just like the Everett one.
- Can no longer gain infinite ammo from grenades on some modifiers.
- Fixed a crash during Real Time UI if having the UI open when touching a teleporter.
- NPCs before chapter 5 will not mind you killing the Secret Service and will help you kill them at Liberty Island or at the Hangar.
- Secret Service won’t spawn within 16ft of the player.
- Secret Service will attack the NSF.
- Fixed Secret Service not respawning correctly on difficulties past easy.
- Added challenge system.
- Added custom difficulty option.
- Allowed NPCs break objects that the player is hiding behind in very rare cases.
- Autosave now checks every second for a chance to save at the start of a level (for areas that immediately have an infolink).
- Fixed Biomod’s challenge system not working.
- Fixed losing ammo when throwing a grenade or throwing knife when none spawns.
- Fixed the AI not reacting to the light aug.
- Looking at something with the binoculars displays the name of what you’re looking at and its distance.
- NPCs rubbing their eyes won’t stop rubbing their eyes after a door opens.
- Quickloading while dead or at the main menu no longer asks you to confirm.
- Stunning an enemy who’s rubbing their eyes now goes to the stunned state.
- Normal only changes:
- Augmentations now display their true level in the menu when synthetic heart augmentation boosts them (pre-boost level).
- Augmentations can no longer be upgraded past level 3 if the player has synthetic heart augmentation.
- Augmentations don’t play the augmentation loop sound if they’re a passive augmentation.
- Augmentations that are upgraded now turn back on if they were on before the upgrade.
- Fixed being unable to upgrade augmentations to their max level if they were on and being boosted by the synthetic heart augmentation.
- Added HDTP infolink icons.
- Added an option to disable the hum of augmentations.
- Added an option to disable the idle beeps from turrets.
- Added an option to display the player’s speed on screen.
- Added grenade launcher to AllWeapons cheat.
- Added new readme to the Help folder.
- Added unique skinned weapons around the game.
- Burp sound from soda now comes from JC instead of the soda.
- Changed flamethrower fireball to unused texture.
- Disabled NPCs looking at you if they are on fire, rubbing their eyes, or stunned.
- Enabled lip syncing and blinking for NPCs who are either: dancing, sitting, waiting for someone, going to someone, running to someone, burning, avoiding a projectile, avoiding a character, backing off from a door to open it, opening a door, taking a hit, rubbing their eyes, dying, or falling.
- Enemies no longer play their critical damage sound when stunned.
- Fixed “Off to a Great Start” achievement being awarded just from picking Winslow up.
- Fixed attacking friendly NPCs who had their heads turned to look at you keeping their heads turned after they turned hostile and attacked you.
- Fixed being able to pickup used flares.
- Fixed crashes when the game tries to play Revision music that is open in a media player.
- Fixed crouch walk animation not working for HDTP JC in Biomod/Shifter.
- Fixed item refusal for flares on carcasses.
- Fixed sabot being referred to as ‘mags’.
- Fixed survival levels always saying they’re in Paris.
- Loading the main menu resets the game speed to normal.
- Made cigarettes breakable.
- NPCs who are rubbing their eyes continuously blink.
- Randomized MJ12 troop faces.
- Stepping on a fire hydrant now makes a metal sound rather than grass.
- Upgraded flamethrower fire on walls from 32×32 texture to 128×128.